- Created by: 13OSeymore-Smith
- Created on: 07-12-17 20:03
Key people to remember;
- Singer/actress Marlene Dietrich
- Architect Gropius the leader of the Bahaus movement
- Artists Paul Klee and Otto Dix
- Writer Erich Maria Remarque who wrote 'All Quiet on the Western Front'
- Film-maker Fritz Lang
In 1923, the Weimar Republic was on the verge of collapse, but, surprisingly, the crisis was the start of a period of stability and success. The period 1923-1929 was a time when the economy boomed and cultural life flourished in Germany.
This dramatic turnabout happened because Germany was saved by two people - Gustav Stresemann and Charles Dawes.
Gustav Stresemann had been…