- Created by: lw02
- Created on: 14-01-18 15:26
From being founded in 1601, the city of Detroit became one of the most important manufacturing cities in the young USA.
- Profited from its situation
- On important trading routes
- Within reach of the Great Lakes region
- Grew as a centre of transportation + new motor vehicle industry
In the 1960s the US car industry began to decline and relocate, maufacturing went somewhere else - outsourcing, industry and people leave the city centre - reverse community with more people driving out than in.
- Has one of the largest debts of any…